Active adult retirement communities, like the Ladera communities, are a long way from what you may think of as retirement homes. These are social, active,... Read More »
Many people living in Dallas TX active adult communities choose to pursue a new job after retirement. Whether you’d like extra income or want to use your skills and knowledge in a new way, here are 10 ideas for a great post-retirement job:
- Professional consultants in fields like engineering and sales can charge high hourly fees for their expertise. Additional perks include a flexible schedule and the chance to stay current in your industry.
- Work for a nonprofit. Get paid to help with a cause you believe in. You could take care of pets at an animal shelter, cook meals for the homeless or take disabled adults on outings.
- Temporary work. Sign up with a temp agency and pick and choose the work you want. You’ll have new experiences and won’t get tired of working in the same place all the time.
- You can be self-employed with Uber or Lyft, or hire on as a part-time bus driver, chauffeur or shuttle bus driver. Note that you must have a clean driving record for these jobs.
- Seasonal tax preparation. Every year, companies like H&R block hire temporary tax preparers to help people get their returns completed accurately and on time. If you have a financial background or an aptitude for math, this could be for you.
- Start a craft business. Sell your handmade projects online or at craft shows for extra income. If you need business advice, contact SCORE (the Service Corps of Retired Executives) to find a free mentor.
- Museum docent/tour guide. Retirees who love art, history or their hometown can lead visitors through museums, historic sites and more. You get to learn and share new information and meet people from all over the world.
- Use your knowledge to tutor college students or people learning English as a second language.
- Dog walker/pet sitter. If you’re in good shape and love animals, consider walking dogs for those who aren’t home during the day. Or start a pet sitting business for people who travel.
- Make extra cash by writing articles, designing websites or creating marketing plans from home. Find your first clients among people and businesses you know.
Launch your post-retirement career from a new home in a Ladera community. Call 877-235-6149 today to schedule a tour of our Dallas TX active adult communities.Tags: best retirement communities in Dallas TX, dallas retirement communties, dallas retirement homebuilder, dallas retirement homes for sale
This post was written by Ladera Texas